- Interested in life stories?
- Able to visit aged care and enjoy the company of the elderly?
You may be interested in becoming a Volunteer Biographer.
High level spoken and written English and an ability to communicate clearly are essential. You must also be:
- Available during business hours
- Willing to learn our processes and procedures and use of a tape recorder and our Word templates
- Able to commit to 1 hour per week sessions with clients (for around 6-10 weeks) plus a minimum of 4 hours per week transcribing at home
- Have your own computer and printing and scanning facilities
- Be able to travel to aged care facilities around Melbourne or Geelong*.
Supervision of Biographers
While the simple act of listening to a person’s life story is in itself a privilege, we know that biographers work best with clear personal boundaries and ongoing support from a professional Program Coordinator who manages referrals from the aged care team and supports the work and well-being of volunteers.
To register your interest in becoming a volunteer biographer, please complete our application form.
If you would like further information, please call Dan on 0403 771 571 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org